10 Jan Sub Floor Ventilation Sydney
Sub Floor Ventilation Sydney.
For damp, mould and condensation control.
It is important to remember that sub floor ventilation is not just for houses. If you live in a townhouse, strata unit, semi-attached etc. you could be experiencing the issues associated with poor sub-floor ventilation. Poor ventilation can cause many issues for your home and also for your health and the health of your family.
What are the issues? Do you experience any or all of them?
Are you in a Strata Unit?
Poor ventilation is nearly always the cause of mould within home units and it can be difficult to know who is responsible or how to fix it.
- There may be a burst pipe or a water leak coming from outside the unit, it may be coming from another unit or common area plumbing within the property.
- If there is a sub floor area with inadequate ventilation the moisture may start to rise and cause mould.
- Many properties are built with poor water proofing of garden beds, balconies etc. this leads to water and moisture tracking and causing mould.
- In winter, the simple change of temperature outside while you are warm inside with heaters running can form condensation on walls and windows. This can then lead to mould in the property.
- The simple act of having a hot shower and not having an exhaust fan that is efficient can cause mould to form on bathroom walls and ceilings.
- The property being 100% closed up while you are out can trap heat and moisture and lead to mould.
- A property that is very shaded, particularly through the cooler months will stay damp and have mould issues.
To help you, the committee and your strata manager towards a solution the problems you may be experiencing we can provide you with a solution and free assessment.
Are you in a House / Semi / Terrace etc?
Sub floor = the foundation for a floor in a building.
- Do you know what your sub floor looks like?
- Have you ever gone under your house and had a look around?
- Do you know if there is water that travels through the underneath of your property?
- Are the foundations of your property dry and clear of things that could trap moisture?
- Does your property back onto a hill or rockface?
For your peace of mind get a free assessment by one of our qualified technicians of your property. We cover the Sydney metropolitan area and beyond to deliver you a healthy home.